Friday, September 26, 2008

God and I

I am an intelligent, liberal, logic-based individual.

But I love God.

My relationship with God is the only thing that has carried me through the most the most difficult of times, and when I stop acknowledging him, things always decline. However, I cannot bring myself to not acknowledge God any more. The only reason I exist, the only thing that has kept my family from disaster, my mother from death, kept my relationship with my father intact, given me the strength to overcome personal hurdles and build bridges of love across the vast divides of differences with others, is God's presence in my life. And it is there for anyone, you just have to ask. You just have to talk to God. It's the only way you maintain any relationship--- Communication.

God's love is the only constant for me. And honestly, I think it is the only constant for anyone. And while you should love others and others will love you for it, draw your love from God. Let God's love regenerate you, because it will, on a consistent basis. God's love will never hurt you, your love for God will never hurt you. That doesn't mean you have to be perfect, it doesn't mean you have to buy into mainline evangelical Christian beliefs, that you have to bend to anything, or talk to anyone you don't want to talk to. Just talk to God, or again, acknowledge him. Just acknowledge God's presence in all that you do, and he will acknowledge you in all that he does.

God is not the human construct we call the church. God is the alpha and the omega. The catalyst for all. Preceding and outlasting any church, anybody who calls themselves Christian. So just talk to God, educate yourself, and figure it out between God and yourself.

No comments: